The RealReal will go public this month; Zynga links with Snap; SpaceX launching satellites worth $1 billion for Canada
ArsTechnica and Teslarati report Hawthorne-based SpaceX is ready to launch $1 billion worth of satellites for the Canadian Space Agency. The launch is scheduled for 7 a.m. June 11 at Vandenberg Air Force Base. The three satellites to be launched are part of the Canadian government’s Radarsat Constellation Mission and designed to remotely observe Canada’s surface and natural resources.
The CEO of now-defunct startup Pets.com, which went bust less than a year after its IPO, has a new venture coming to LA. Julie Wainwright, the self-proclaimed “dumbest person in the Valley” during the early years of the 2000s, will take her online luxury consignment business called The RealReal public this month. RealReal grew revenue 55% year-over-year in 2018.
San Francisco-based game developer Zynga is bringing a new battle royale-style shooter game to Santa Monica-based Snap Inc.’s gaming platform, Snap Games. The “Tiny Royale” title was announced as part of Snap’s push into gaming in April, but the title was launched today. Snap Games currently offers six mobile games within its Snapchat app platform.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report July 23: Snapchat Shutters SnapCash
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 14: Snapchat Gives Creators AR Power
- Silicon Beach Report May 24: Snap Hires New Diversity Lead
- Silicon Beach Report May 28: SpaceX Works to Reduce Impact of Starlink
- Silicon Beach Report June 29: Bird Raises $300 Million
- Silicon Beach Report April 4: Snap Gets Into Gaming
- Silicon Beach Report April 5: GumGum Sinks Teeth Into New Dental Venture
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 18: Elon Musk’s Lunar Pick