Funds managed by downtown-based alternative investment firm Oaktree Capital Management and New York-based Hartree Partners agreed to invest up to $735 million to form a bulk liquids storage company.
The new energy supply chain company, Hartree Bulk Storage, will be headquartered in New York and capitalize on global demand for bulk liquids storage infrastructure via mergers and acquisitions, partnerships and greenfield projects.
Hartree Bulk Storage will work with refiners, petrochemical manufacturers, marketers and producers of crude oil, refined products, natural gas liquids and other bulk liquids.
“Oaktree is very pleased to expand our partnership with Hartree,” said Rajath Shourie, managing director at Oaktree.
Hartree and Oaktree, which had $124 billion in assets under management as of Sept. 30, 2018, formed their initial partnership in early 2015, when Oaktree funds bought Hess Corp.’s stake in Hess Energy Trading Co.
Finance reporter Pat Maio can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8329.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- March Capital Closes $300 Million Fund
- Assembled Brands Raises $100M From Oaktree
- Troy Capital Announces $200M Fund to Provide Liquidity to Pre-IPO Employees, Investors
- VMG, Hillhouse Form $100M Investment Fund
- Brookfield to Buy Majority $4.7B Stake in Downtown-Based Oaktree Capital Management
- Ares, Oaktree Moves Highlight PE’s Wild Year
- 8minutenergy, J.P. Morgan and Upper Bay Form $200M Joint Venture for Solar Project
- Clearlake Capital Acquires Dude Solutions