UTA hires digital agent; Team SoloMid parent firm buys e-sports app; Riot Games announces new partners
The E-sports Observer reports Sawtelle-headquartered Riot Games Inc. gained new league sponsors this week, including Foot Locker Inc. and Logitech Inc. Both companies will supply teams with gear during Riot’s “League of Legends” championships, which will now extend to the United Kingdom following the Jan. 24 creation of its regional league. Riot Games also announced Jan. 28 it will hold its mid-season invitational tournament in Vietnam in May.
Former CBS Radio and Creative Artists Agency agent Eman Redwan has joined Beverly Hills-based United Talent Agency to handle its digital talent, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Redwan will manage digital talent, which includes several YouTube stars, as well as oversee their merchandising deals. According to UTA, the digital talent division is lucrative, raking in “more than eight figures worth of deals” in the previous fiscal year.
Swift, the Los Angeles-based parent company of Koreatown-headquartered SoloMid Corp. which operates e-sports competitor Team SoloMid, announced Jan. 28 it acquired Blitz, makers of a “League of Legends” player tracking app. ESPN reports Blitz employees will report to Andy Dinh, chairman of Swift and TeamSoloMid founder.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 20: Ten Franchise Teams for ‘League of Legends’ North American e-sports League Unveiled
- E-Sports Seeks Traditional Path to Growth
- Cloud9 Plans New Esports Facility
- Silicon Beach Report May 10: Chrome River develops U.S. Bank app
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 19: Elon Musk Says Spacecraft Could Go Beyond Mars
- Light Crowd for E-Sports Union
- Sports Titans Profile: Marc Merrill and Brandon Beck
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 16: Riot Signs $300M Internet Broadcasting Deal for ‘League of Legends’