Jerry Kroll has a simple if daunting mission for his Canadian electric vehicle company – to close the last gas station.
To do that, Electra Meccanica Vehicle Corp. is bringing to the U.S. the Solo, a single-passenger all-electric vehicle to be sold starting this month from the company’s first dealership in Studio City at 11685 Ventura Blvd.
“Once you test drive it, you wonder why these things haven’t been around for the last 20 years,” Kroll said.
Anthony Luzi, the director of U.S. operations for Vancouver-based Electra Meccanica, said that when the Solo is on the road, other drivers take notice and become distracted by its odd shape – it appears to be half a car because of the three-wheeled configuration.
Read the full story in the October 1 issue of the San Fernando Valley Business Journal.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Washington, Oregon Go Distance for Electric Cars
- EVgo Energizes Surging Market
- SoCal Edison Proposes $760M for EV Charging Stations
- Time to Plug Back Into Electric Autos
- Buzz Builds for Firm’s Home Charging Stations
- Electric Vehicle Access Expands in L.A.
- So Many Chargers, So Few Electric Cars
- Plugging EVs