Elon Musk revealed more details about his Boring Co. project; mobile game developer Gamelynx announced a $1.2 million raise to create a competitive e-sports game; venture capital firm Upfront Ventures continued to back Irvine-based Cloudvirga.
Elon Musk spent May 17 revealing more details about his Boring Co. project, which aims to tunnel beneath Los Angeles to alleviate some of Los Angeles notorious gridlock, SoCal Tech reports. The Tesla Inc. and Space Exploration Technologies Co. founder said in an hour-long conversation broadcast live on YouTube that he envisions a series of tunnels that would connect LAX to various parts of the city.
Santa Monica mobile game developer Gamelynx announced a $1.2 million raise to help it create a competitive e-sports game that can be played on mobile devices, Venture Beat reports. Participants in the raise included Sawtelle-based Riot Games, makers of the premiere e-sports game, League of Legends.
Santa Monica venture capital firm Upfront Ventures continued to back Irvine-based Cloudvirga, which makes digital point-of-sale software for mortgages, according to PE Hub. Upfront was joined by Riverwood Capital in the $50 million Series C round.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report June 29: Recreational Video Game Competition Super League Gaming Raises $15 Million
- Silicon Beach Report April 27: Elon Musk’s Boring Co. Machine Revealed
- Silicon Beach Report May 26: Boring Co. Releases Images of Electric Vehicle for its Proposed Tunnel Network
- Silicon Beach Report April 17: AppOnboard Raises $15 Million in Series A Funding Round
- Musk Reveals Multistoried Tunnel System Concept in Video
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 26: Dray Alliance Hauls in $3.5 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 19: Boring Tunnel Unveiled
- Elon Musk’s Boring Co. Machine Revealed in Picture