$22 million raised by Pasadena Robotics Co.; MindSpark acquired by Auticon; Sure Inc. expands to rideshare insurance
Pasadena-based Embodied Inc. has raised $22 million in Series A funding to build “life-like” companion robots that assist with healthcare, SoCal Tech reports. The round was led by Osage University Partners, Grishin Robotics, and Intel Capital.
MindSpark, a Santa Monica-based adaptive learning company, has been acquired by German firm Auticon, the Business Journal reports. MindSpark trains and employs adults with autism in the software industry. The venture was backed by several high-profile investors, including Felix and Susanne Porsche and Sir Richard Branson of Virgin Group Ltd.
Sure Inc. is now offering insurance policies to Uber and Lyft passengers, according to SoCal Tech. Coverage options include accidental medical expense, death and dismemberment insurance. Menlo Ventures, FF Venture Capital and Nationwide Ventures are some of the company’s investors.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report June 28: California Data Privacy Bill Signed Into Law
- Silicon Beach Report June 8: CapLinked Joins with Civic Technologies
- HyreCar Set for $14.5 Million IPO
- Silicon Beach Report June 15: Catasys Receives Debt Bailout, Activision Blizzard Hires Former Twitter Exec, Cargo Systems Launches in L.A.
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 18: Elon Musk’s Lunar Pick
- Silicon Beach Report June 21: Verra Mobility Sells for $2.4 Billion
- L.A. Taxicab Drivers Again Protest Uber
- Silicon Beach Report June 26: Two Local Car Startups Raise $2M Each