Netflix stock rises again; ATTN: adds Surovell; SpaceX works toward crewed launch
Netflix’s stock price is on the rise – up 12 percent – after a tumultuous year, CNBC Technology reports. The entertainment streaming provider’s stock fell over 20 percent from June through August – though its stock is still 94 percent higher than the previous year. Currently, the company trades with a price-to-earnings ratio of 95 times forward earnings.
Fairfax-based digital media startup ATTN: Inc. has hired Jesse Surovell as its newest head of television development, both scripted and unscripted. The Hollywood Reporter writes Surovell’s previous experience includes being vice president of development at Pop, a joint cable venture operated by CBS Broadcasting Inc. and Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.
ArsTechnica reports Space Exploration Technologies Corp. will launch its Falcon 9 rocket Sept. 9 from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, and links to a “binural audio immersion” of the SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy launch in early 2018. This comes just after news from Ars that the SpaceX crew added a new crew-access arm near the launch tower, the latest in a series of preparations for the upcoming NASA-approved crewed flight set for early 2019.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 17: SpaceX Gains NASA Fueling Approval
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 5: Snap’s Unusual Structure Led to Breakthroughs, But Also Problems
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 9: Snap Is Trying to Lure Instagram Advertisers by Offering Them Free Ads on Snapchat
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 14: L.A.’s MarketCast Acquires Fizziology
- Silicon Beach Report: Meg Whitman Tapped as Chief Executive of Katzenberg’s WndrCo
- Silicon Beach Report May 16: Quarterback Gets $2.5 Million to Boost E-Sports Efforts
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 24: Battery Pack Manufacturer Romeo Power Raises $30 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 22: PacketFabric Raises $25 Million from NantCaptial