Otter Media leads funding round for Mars Reel Media; Netflix pilots payment change; Postie taps Gollender as head of sales
Santa Monica-headquartered and AT&T-owned Otter Media Holdings led a $4.7 million funding round for sports media startup Mars Reel Media Group, cementing itself as an adviser and strategic partner for the startup. Other investments in Mars Reel (based in Virginia and founded 2010) came from rapper Drake and Miami Heat player Dwyane Wade, The Hollywood Reporter said on Aug. 21.
TechCrunch reports that Hollywood’s Netflix Inc. is temporarily testing a feature which bypasses app payments on the iOS App Store in 33 countries across Latin America, Europe and Asia. Until Sept. 30, Netflix will route customers directly to the mobile web app to log payment details rather than through the App Store in an effort to preserve its direct customer relationships.
Postie Inc., a Playa Vista-based direct mail marketing startup, named Zev Gollender head of sales Aug. 21. Socaltech reports Gollender comes to Postie by way of New York City-based marketing firm Taboola Inc. and AOL Inc., and will help increase the variation and size of companies using direct mail marketing via Postie.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 5: Headspace Acquires Alpine.AI
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 8: Walt Disney to Pull Content from Netflix and Launch Streaming Service
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 12: California Facing Competition for Video Game Industry
- Chernin and AT&T Reportedly Set to Buy Fullscreen
- Silicon Beach Dec. 7: Fandom Site Movie Pilot Acquired by France’s Webedia Digital Media Group
- Silicon Beach Report March 22: Job-Hunting Advice Network Raises $2.7M
- Profit From In-Game Sales Not Easily App-arrent
- Silicon Beach Report July 20: Snapchat Tweaking Android Platform