Snap Inc. and Time Warner Inc. announced a global partnership to develop made-for-Snap shows over the next two years. The deal, reportedly valued at $100 million, will include both entertainment and advertising content.
The deal with Time Warner, parent company of Warner Bros., HBO and Turner (whose networks include CNN, TNT, TBS and Cartoon Network) will include a range of genres. Time Warner also plans to commit to investing in advertising from HBO, Turner and Warner Bros. on Snapchat for two years.
“Partnering with Snap will help drive this compelling new format, exposing its user base to innovative and engaging video from brands and characters they enjoy,” Time Warner spokesman Gary Ginsberg said in a statement.
“We’re confident this partnership will help drive larger audiences to our shows and to the new direct to consumer platforms we continue to roll out.”
The two companies said the partnership would help fuel an increase in shows available daily on Snapchat, increasing the number of shows from one to three by the end of the year. The programming is set to include animation, documentaries, and news along with scripted comedy and drama.
The deal represents Snap’s latest move in providing premium mobile content. The company has worked since September with Turner Networks, NBC, ABC, CBS, ESPN, the NFL, BBC, Discovery Networks, Vertical Networks and others to bring three-to-five minute programs to the Snapchat platform.
Contact media and entertainment reporter Diane Haithman at email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter @dhaithman for the latest in L.A. business news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- LA 500: Bobby Murphy
- NBCUniversal Invests $500M in Snap
- Silicon Beach Report June 19: Snap Signs $100 Million Deal With Time Warner
- “Game of Thrones” Co-Exec Producer Reveals China Production Plans
- Warner Bros. Reshapes Global Theatrical, Home Entertainment Units
- Former Fox Exec Vinciquerra Replaces Lynton as Sony Pictures CEO
- Puji Capital Backs Film Venture by Peter Guber, Steve Richards
- Snap Announces Deal with A&E to Develop First Original Snapchat Show