Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti announced Friday he is naming senior director for economic development William Chun as his next deputy mayor for economic development, replacing Raymond Chan, who is retiring after 33 years with the city.
“Our economy has made incredible progress over the last four years, and William has the experience and dedication to help us keep that momentum going,” Garcetti said in a statement. “William knows how business is done in this city (and) he is a strong leader.”
Chun takes over the post on July 1, the start of Garcetti’s second term.
Garcetti also promoted Miguel Salumbides Sangalang to the post of deputy mayor for budget and innovation; he is currently executive officer for the mayor’s office of budget and innovation. He replaces Matt Szabo, who held a similar post before agreeing to serve as deputy chief of staff.
Public policy and energy reporter Howard Fine can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @howardafine.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Mayor Eric Garcetti Appoints Two Deputy Mayors to Oversee Economic Agenda
- Garcetti Taps Michel Moore as Next LAPD Chief
- Garcetti Names Deputy for Economic Development
- LAUSD Superintendent Michelle King to Retire to Focus on Cancer Illness
- PAGE 3: Oxy Finds Spotlight; Garcetti Stays Put
- L.A. Cleantech Incubator Founding CEO to Step Down
- LADWP Head Resigns
- Garcetti Names Perry Interim GM of Economic Development