Tribune Publishing Co. said this morning that Patrick Soon-Shiong’s Nat Capital had taken a 12.9 percent stake in the beleaguered owner of the Los Angeles Times. The transaction, valued at $70 million, or $15 a share, matches the latest price offered by Gannett Co., The Wall Street Journal reports. Soon-Shiong, with a net worth of $15.4 billion, will become the vice chairman of Tribune Publishing in June.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Deepest Pockets In Paper’s Fold
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders File Lawsuit Against Board
- Can Paper Bag Billionaire?
- Soon-Shiong Ups Stake in L.A. Times Parent
- Tribune Publishing Shareholders Restless
- What is Soon-Shiong’s Next Step in Fight For Tronc?
- Tribune Shareholders to Meet
- Front Page News for Soon-Shiong?