The Los Angeles City Council approved a new law making residential and commercial property owners responsible for repairing city sidewalks, according to the Los Angeles Daily News. Marking a major shift, the policy change will be gradual, overturning the 1974 law that held the city responsible for sidewalks that were damaged by tree roots, which can cost thousands of dollars to repair.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Fix in on City’s Sidewalk Care?
- City to Property Owners: Fix Your Own Sidewalks
- L.A. City Council Approves Sidewalk Repair Plan
- Have Money? City Will Fix Your Sidewalks in New Program
- Businesses May Pay for Ex-Con Hiring Measure
- Businesses May Take Crack at Streets, Sidewalks
- L.A. Wrestles With Sidewalk Repair Bills
- Concrete Option