The Los Angeles City Council approved a new law making residential and commercial property owners responsible for repairing city sidewalks, according to the Los Angeles Daily News. Marking a major shift, the policy change will be gradual, overturning the 1974 law that held the city responsible for sidewalks that were damaged by tree roots, which can cost thousands of dollars to repair.
You May Also Like
- City to Property Owners: Fix Your Own Sidewalks
- Fix in on City’s Sidewalk Care?
- L.A. City Council Approves Sidewalk Repair Plan
- L.A. Wrestles With Sidewalk Repair Bills
- Have Money? City Will Fix Your Sidewalks in New Program
- Good News for L.A. Sidewalks
- Businesses May Pay for Ex-Con Hiring Measure
- Concrete Option