The revamped Downtown Macy’s Plaza is expected to open this Thursday, Curbed Los Angeles reports. The $160-million open-air mall, now called “The Bloc,” takes up one city block and includes an outdoor courtyard with artificial turf, colorful outdoor furniture and hip, pedestrian friendly restaurants and shops.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Developer Says Time Still on Retail Center’s Side
- Macy’s Looks to Join Downtown’s Scene at Hip
- Ratkovich to Buy Downtown’s Macy’s Plaza
- Macy’s Top-down Makeover
- Nordstrom Coming to Revamped Santa Monica Mall
- Mall Renovates For Comeback
- LONG BEACH---Outdoor Mall is Latest Move Toward Long Beach Revival
- CASE STUDY---Mall Is Giving Way to New Vision After Losing Appeal