West L.A.’s Leonard Green & Partners announced Tuesday that it has closed a $9.6 billion private equity investment fund.
The fund, which is Leonard Green’s seventh, will focus on consumer/retail, health care/wellness, business/consumer services, and distribution sectors.
The fund includes $9.1 billion in third-party investments along with $500 million in funding from the firm’s partners, according to a statement. Investors come from 18 countries and include pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, foundations, endowments, family offices, and financial institutions.
Leonard Green’s 12 partners include Managing Partners John Danhakl and Jonathan Sokoloff, as well as Senior Partners John Baumer and Jonathan Seiffer.
Leonard Green purchased Atlanta independent medical examination services provider ExamWorks Group Inc. in April for $2.2 billion.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leonard Green Closes $6.25 Billion Fund
- L.A. Firm to Buy J. Crew
- John G. Danhakl
- L.A.’s Leonard Green to Buy BJ’s Wholesale Club
- L.A. Equity Firm Raises $5 Billion
- Leonard Green Agrees to Buy CPA Global for $3.1 Billion
- West L.A. Firm Buys Into Financial Sector Rebound
- The Money Book: Jonathan Sokoloff