The Santa Monica City Council approved a minimum wage ordinance on Tuesday, putting it in line with Los Angeles city and county. According to the Los Angeles Times, the law would raise the minimum wage at most businesses to $15 by 2020 but pay at hotels and motels will rise to $15.37 an hour by 2017.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Panel Takes Step Toward Wage Boost for L.A. Hotel Workers
- Santa Monica, West Hollywood to Consider Wage Hikes
- Minimum Wage Hiked By Board of Supervisors
- Santa Monica Wage Hike Could Exempt Unions
- Higher Minimum Wage for Hotel Workers?
- Irvine May Buck Minimum Wage Trend
- County to Crack Down on Minimum Wage Employers
- Biden Backs Garcetti’s Minimum Wage Hike