The Santa Monica City Council approved a minimum wage ordinance on Tuesday, putting it in line with Los Angeles city and county. According to the Los Angeles Times, the law would raise the minimum wage at most businesses to $15 by 2020 but pay at hotels and motels will rise to $15.37 an hour by 2017.
You May Also Like
- Panel Takes Step Toward Wage Boost for L.A. Hotel Workers
- Santa Monica, West Hollywood to Consider Wage Hikes
- Irvine May Buck Minimum Wage Trend
- Higher Minimum Wage for Hotel Workers?
- Rally for Minimum Wage
- GMO Ban Moves Forward
- Biden Backs Garcetti’s Minimum Wage Hike
- County to Crack Down on Minimum Wage Employers