Following fourth quarter profits bolstered by sales of “Star Wars” toys, Hasbro Chief Executive Brian Goldner said he would be open to future deals, but would not comment specifically about recent speculation over prospective merger talks between his company and El Segundo toy giant Mattel Inc.
According to Bloomberg, Goldner said on a Monday conference call he would consider “add-on acquisitions,” even as the company focuses on its own strategy for the time being.
You May Also Like
- Hasbro-Mattel Merger Rumors Cause Tremors In Toyland
- Mattel Frozen Out in Disney, Hasbro Deal
- Mattel Struggles To Stay in Play
- Struggling Mattel Dethroned – Again
- Toymaker Puts China in Play
- TOYS---Hasbro has teamed up with Disney to make and license toys based on the studio's wide array of characters
- Hasbro Said to Make Overture to Acquire Mattel
- MATTEL--How the Giant Toy Maker Fell So Far So Fast