*This story has been updated to accurately reflect Reliance's 2015 revenue and Best Manufacturing's products.
Reliance Steel and Aluminum Co. said Monday that it had acquired Best Manufacturing Inc., a custom sheet metal fabricator of steel and aluminum products.
Best Manufacturing, a Jonesboro, Ark.-based company that has been in business since 1990, supplies the trucking, agriculture, and aerospace industries with services ranging from laser cutting and welding to engineering. It reported 2015 net sales of approximately $20 million. Reliance, which has grown largely by rolling up smaller companies, had revenue of $9.4 billion in 2015.
“Best Manufacturing is known as a one-stop source for superior quality products and has a very good reputation in the markets it serves,” Gregg Mollins, Reliance’s president and chief executive officer, said in a statement. “We are very pleased to have Best Manufacturing join the Reliance family of companies.”
After the acquisition, Best Manufacturing will become a subsidiary of the downtown Los Angeles firm. Reliance declined to disclose the terms of the transaction.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Continues to Roll Up Metal Firms
- Reliance Steel to Acquire Houston Company
- Another Acquisition for L.A.’s Reliance Steel
- Reliance Sells Canadian Assets
- Reliance Steel Buys Tennessee Plant
- Reliance Steel Acquires Two Metal Fabrication Companies
- Reliance Acquires Atlanta Steel Company
- Reliance Steel Makes Acquisition