Will Proposition 13 be overhauled? Yes, if some state senators get their way. They are proposing it be changed so that local governments can boost taxes on commercial and industrial properties, the Los Angeles Times reports.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Howard Jarvis Group Won't Oppose Bill to Close Prop. 13 Loophole
- Don’t Mess with Proposition 13, Poll Finds
- Gov. Brown Repeals Parts of Prop. 187
- Now, a State Minimum Wage Hike
- Westfield Targeted over Prop. 13 Benefits
- Brown Signs Law Amending Prop 65
- Property Owners May Get Tax Breaks for Retrofits
- Drought Impact Worsens for Feathered Friends