A mechanical issue that hit on Monday is expected to keep the ExxonMobil refinery in Torrance offline for two weeks. The shutdown will cause gasoline prices in Los Angeles to spike at least 15 cents a gallon, Bob van der Valk, senior editor for the Bakken Oil Business Journal, predicts, according to the San Gabriel Valley Tribune.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Inventories, Switch to Winter Blend Signal Decline in Gas Prices
- Gas Still Rising
- Motorists Feeling Tankful
- Refinery Blast Costs Californians $3 Billion ... So Far
- Outages Take Their Toll
- Gas Prices Ease Overnight
- Torrance Refinery Hit with State Penalty for Hazardous Waste Storage
- Air Advisory Issued After Torrance Refinery Blast, Gas Prices Rise