The $40-million Star Apartments building complex for homeless people officially opened on skid row Wednesday, the Los Angeles Times reports. The ground floor of the innovative building – which has amenities like a community garden and running track – is occupied by the county Department of Health Services' Housing for Health division headquarters and a county medical clinic.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Los Angeles Will Pay Lawyers Who Fought Policing on Skid Row
- L.A. to Pay $950,000 in Two Legal Battles
- L.A. Has Largest Homeless Population in Nation
- Legislators Propose Homes for the Homelessness
- Government Settles Suit Over Misuse of West L.A. Veterans Campus
- Growth in Homeless
- Doctors’ Strike Will Not Close UC Clinics
- Arrest in DaVinci Fire