The U.S. poverty rate leveled off in 2011, but in California it hit a 16-year high, census data show. Bloomberg News and the Los Angeles Times report that middle- and lower-income groups in particular took financial hits.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Jennifer Lopez Gets Stake in NuvoTV
- LAX's Controversial Full-Body Scanners To Go
- Initial Jobless Claims Fell Sharply
- U.S. Oil Output to Overtake Saudi Arabia’s by 2020
- Green Dot Shares Drop as AmEx and Wal-Mart Sell Competing Card
- Americans With Best Credit in Decades Drive U.S. Economy
- Study: ‘Medicare Millionaires’ Total Almost 4,000
- High-Speed to Vegas