Amancio Ortega, the 76-year-old Spaniard who founded retailer Inditex SA, has bumped American Warren Buffett from his ranking as the world’s third-richest person on the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Bloomberg News reports that Ortega’s fortune is now estimated $46.6 billion, compared with 81-year-old Buffett’s $45.7 billion.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Buffett Pares Consumer Stocks
- Buffett: Bank Risk No Longer Threatens Economy
- California Becomes Sixth-Largest Economy
- Bill Gates Retakes World’s Richest Title
- Slim Again Tops Forbes List
- Who Is Backing Mobli?
- Green Dot Shares Drop as AmEx and Wal-Mart Sell Competing Card
- Weisman Group Makes $735M Offer