The company was founded in 2018 and is based in Santa Monica and Tel Aviv, Israel.
LinearB's Software Delivery Intelligence platform gathers and processes data from multiple sources in order to give teams of developers insight necessary to adjust project goals and avoid delays.
“Metrics alone do not improve (development) teams,” Chief Executive Ori Keren said in a statement. “Software Delivery Intelligence takes visibility and turns it into insight and active improvement.”
According to the company, more than 1,100 development teams have already adopted the platform, with development cycle time improving by 48% on average.
The latest round of funding brings the total raised by LinearB to $21 million. Investors include 83North and TechAviv Founder Partners.
Battery Ventures general partner Dharmesh Thakker said in a statement that the lack of a data-driven approach to software development is “impeding productivity for developers.
LinearB’s product management tools will help “improve developer productivity and workflow, as well as better align engineering and business leaders,” Thakker said.
According to LinearB, much of its success in promoting its products has derived from a focus on developers themselves, rather than company executives or managers. The company also produces a podcast on software development strategies and a Discord channel where developers and company representatives can talk through challenges.
“Helping engineering teams improve and scale is not about managing developers more strictly with top down control,” Keren said . “It's about empowering developers by giving them more context, less bureaucracy and more time to build.”
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tagger Media Raises $9 Million for Influencer Marketing Service
- Parabol Aids Businesses With Hybrid Work Environments
- Haystack Helps Companies Manage Remote Workers
- Robotics Company Embodied Acquires Conversational AI Business
- Software Developer Nobl9 Raises $21 Million, Releases Signature Product
- Incentify Raises $4.25 Million for Tax Credit Tech
- Virtualitics Raises $18 Million for Data Analytics Software
- Subscription Software Developer ReCharge Hits $2.1 Billion Valuation