The five-year contract, announced June 29, was awarded to Tetra Tech through USAID’s Generating Equity Activity.
Tetra Tech will work with the government of Colombia to address gender-based violence, address cultural norms and attitudes, create new economic opportunities for women and improve awareness and implementation of gender-related policies and services.
Tetra Tech hopes to achieve this goal by using its team of economic and gender specialists to engage with public and private partners to create change locally. The company believes it can encourage equity and better financial outcomes for Colombian women.
In January, Tetra Tech was awarded a $25 million, five-year contract from USAID for consulting services to increase renewable energy and reduce deforestation in the African nation of Zambia.
Tetra Tech also received a five-year contract from USAID in March worth $39 million to support Indonesia's efforts to obtain reliable and sustainable renewable energy.
Tetra Tech has 450 offices worldwide and about 20,000 employees. It
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tetra Tech Wins $24 Million Asia Contract
- Tetra Tech Reels In $39 Million Sustainable Energy Consulting Contract
- Tetra Tech Snags $25 Million Renewable Energy Contract
- Tetra Tech Lands $49 Million Contract
- Women's Leadership Series 2020: Kiva Receives USAID Design Funding to Support One Million Women Globally
- Tetra Tech Acquires Emerging Markets Consulting Firm
- Tetra Tech Awarded $21M Contract for Sustainability in Cambodia
- Tetra Tech Awarded $600 Million Contract