Financial terms of the transaction, which was completed on July 8, were not revealed.
Baylor Klein was founded in 2008 and focuses on mergers and acquisitions and financial advice for multinational companies in the personal care, beauty and household sectors.
“As with all our acquisitions, the Baylor Klein team embodies and shares with Houlihan Lokey a number of important cultural traits, including a steadfast dedication to its clients and a track record of success that confirms genuinely deep and superior sector expertise,” Scott Adelson, Houlihan Lokey’s Co-President and Co-Head of Corporate Finance, said in a statement. “They are true leaders in their field, and we think they will be a fantastic addition to our outstanding CFR team.”
Baylor Klein founder and Managing Director Tim Leach is among the five advisory professionals who will join Houlihan’s London-based European Corporate Finance business.
Houlihan Lokey has made six acquisitions in Europe since 2015 and now has more than 260 bankers in the market, compared to 80 in 2014.
“The Baylor Klein acquisition further expands our global CFR Group and specifically adds deeper expertise to the already robust HBPC sector activity, led in North America by Managing Director Susan Roddy,” Jay Novak, Global Head of the Consumer, Food & Retail (CFR) Group, said in a statement.
Previous Houlihan Lokey acquisitions in Europe are McQueen Ltd. and Leonardo & Co. in 2015; BearTooth Advisors and Quayle Munro in 2018; and Fidentiis Capital in 2019.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Houlihan Lokey Buys Baxter Energy
- Shamrock Raises $196 Million for Entertainment IP
- Scopely Invests $50 Million in European Gaming Studios
- Bank Looks to Unlock Value With Public Offering
- Gores Guggenheim Goes Public With $750 Million IPO
- Houlihan Lokey Posts Mixed Earnings Results
- Levine Leichtman’s Unique Approach to Private Equity Rewards Businesses and Investors
- Women Of Influence, Banking: Karen Miles