Intellisense Systems Inc. has signed a lease for a 49,000-square-foot office headquarters in Torrance. The price of the 11-year lease, at 21041 S. Western Ave., was not disclosed.
During the third quarter, the average asking rate for Class A office space in Torrance was $3.24 a square foot, according to Jones Lang LaSalle Inc. That would put the value of the lease at roughly $21 million.
Avison Young Inc.’s Ted Simpson and Erik Stiebel represented Intellisense Systems in the lease. Newmark Knight Frank’s Geoff Ludwig represented the landlord, PG-Mac Western.
Intellisense Systems designs and manufactures wearable technology, display systems and more. The company is expected to move into the space in March 2020. Its current building is at 20600 Gramercy Place in Torrance, which Intellisense Systems will continue to occupy.
“The client’s current flex building, which is also in Torrance, has been hampering the company’s growth as the floors are small and inefficient,” Simpson said in a statement. “We worked to provide a low cost, highly efficient solution for Intellisense, choosing a mid-rise, class A office building.”
Simpson added that office buildings generally offer higher tenant improvement allowances than flex buildings, which would allow Intellisense Systems to “create a very specific and customized space.” The new space will have labs, offices, conference rooms and work stations.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Intellisense Systems Signs Another Lease In Torrance
- Office Buyer Gets Even More Creative in South Bay
- Younan Buys $280 Million Portfolio in Dallas and Chicago
- Nine-Building Acquisition Soups Up South Bay
- SEC Stocking Up on Downtown L.A. Office Space
- Santa Fe Springs Warehouse Sold for $20.5M
- Film Maker Takes Lead Role at Hollywood Site
- LivingSocial Relocates Office to Torrance