AECOM-Canyon Partners, a joint venture between the real estate investment arm of Century City-headquartered engineering firm AECOM and Century City-based hedge fund Canyon Partners, announced the close of its $500 million fund on Oct. 25.
AECOM’s investment arm, AECOM Capital, has a total development value of $4.5 billion across roughly 11 million square feet while Canyon Partners has more than $25 billion in assets under management.
Michael Burke, AECOM’s chief executive, said in a statement that the “overwhelmingly positive response” in fund commitments underscored the strength of the AECOM Canyon partnership.
The joint venture platform, which was announced in February, intends to benefit from the combination of AECOM’s commercial real estate development capabilities and Canyon Partners’ investment expertise, the companies said.
AECOM-Canyon Partners is intended to target investments across the top 25 U.S. markets in all property types and provide joint venture equity across more than $4 billion in assets.
To date, the joint venture platform has invested in a 519,000-square-foot mixed-use development in Culver City — with 240,000 square feet preleased to HBO — as well a 525-unit luxury multifamily project in Washington, D.C., and a hotel in Menlo Park.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- AECOM-Canyon Partners Closes $500 Million Fund
- AECOM, Canyon Partners Form Commercial Development Joint Venture
- Canyon Capital Fund Makes Palmdale Purchase
- Builder Stakes Developments
- Engineering Giant Plans Return to Downtown
- Brentwood Associates On Target for $1.1B Fund
- Regional Report
- Canyon Partners Real Estate and Pasadena-based CIT Bank Buy Harvey Apartments in Hollywood