Hyperloop Technologies Inc., doing business as Virgin Hyperloop One, raised $172.2 million of a planned $224.7 million equity funding round May 13 according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings."
The raise brings Virgin Hyperloop One’s total cash raised to roughly $459.2 million. Filings indicate $52.5 million of the funding round remains to be sold.
Based in Downtown L.A., Virgin Hyperloop One develops a high-speed transportation technology that can send capsules racing up to 600 miles per hour in a high-pressurized tube. The company is working to commercialize open-source hyperloop technology used by several other firms including Elon Musk’s Hawthorne-based Boring Co.
Virgin Hyperloop One could not immediately be reached for comment on the funding.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report May 16: Quibi Seeks Additional $1 Billion
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 19: Virgin’s Proposed Commute in a Vacuum
- Virtual Influencer Maker Raises Nearly $20M
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 8: Cornerstone Acquires Grovo Learning for $24M
- Axiomatic Gaming Gains $21 Million
- Anti-Overdraft App Adds to Funding Round
- Cesppa Closes $1.5 Million Seed Round
- Silicon Beach Report June 24: Insight Acquires PCM