Commerce-based lighting designer and distributor Luminance Brands announced May 7 it acquired Emerson Air Comfort Products from St. Louis-based Emerson Electric Co. for an undisclosed amount.
Emerson’s ceiling fan division will add 650 different products to Luminance line and build up its division focused on smart home products.
Emerson produces hundreds of thousands of fans every years, mostly sold in showrooms. Luminance’s fans are largely sold through distributors.
“This was a nice opportunity to strengthen our positon in the market,” said Chris Larocca, chief executive of Luminance. “It’s a lot more consumer-focused.”
Luminance Brands intends to open a sales and design center in the St. Louis area to accommodate the Emerson employees transitioning to Luminance Brands, a company release stated.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Manufacturing, retail and trade reporter Rachel Uranga can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 549-5225 ext. 251. Follow her on Twitter @racheluranga
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Sweetgreen Snags DC Meal Delivery Service Galley Foods
- Rogers & Cowan Restructuring Its Red-Carpet Division Following Acquisition of ITB
- OSI Systems Scores $11M Contract to Provide Explosive Detector to European Airport
- Stone Canyon Industries Snaps Up Reddy Ice
- Smart & Final Acquired for More Than $1 Billion
- Global Icons Takes Majority Stake in Fred Segal
- OSI LandsS $11M Contract
- Mattel Taps Former Disney Channel Exec to Helm TV Division