Two Bit Circus hosts e-sports tournament; Livly raises $10 million led by Pritzker; QuiBi plans show about Snapchat CEO
Socaltech reports tech-focused indoor amusement park Two Bit Circus Inc. will host an e-sports tournament. A live tournament featuring 144 individual competitors will be held March 30 and cost $20 per gamer to enter. Spectator admission is free, and the winning player will lay hands on a $1,000 prize pool. The game of choice is Nintendo Co.’s “Super Smash Brothers.”
Santa Monica-based Pritzker Group Venture Capital led a $10 million seed round for Chicago-based property management software developer Livly March 12, the Business Journal reports. Livly’s Building Operating System software allows property managers to handle rent payments, maintenance tickets, and package management on one platform.
“Frat Boy Genius” is the name of an upcoming short-form show from Jeffrey Katzenberg and Meg Whitman’s video streaming Quibi, according to TechCrunch. The show will focus on Snap Inc. Co-Founder and Chief Executive Evan Spiegel and how he built and created Snapchat, which Katzenberg calls “one of the greatest social platforms of all time.” The show was announced while Katzenberg and Whitman gave a talk about the service at South By Southwest Festival in Texas.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report July 24: March Capital Partners Raises $12 Million
- Silicon Beach Report July 8: 3L Capital Raises $217 Million
- Silicon Beach Report June 20: SpinLaunch Wins Defense Department Contract
- Silicon Beach Report June 10: Pluto TV Pushes into Latino Markets
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 26: Katzenberg Hires More Quibi Executives
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 10: Katzenberg TV Company Gets a Name
- Silicon Beach Report June 25: Falcon Heavy Launches 24 Payloads Successfully
- Meg Whitman Invests in Immortals; Joins Board