Century City-based real estate investment firm Brasa Capital Management raised $120 million for its debut real estate fund.
The fund, called Brasa Real Estate Fund LP, exceeded its $100 million fundraising goal by $20 million.
Investing on behalf of pension funds and family wealth offices, Brasa Capital focuses on commercial real estate deals in the $25 million to $50 million range throughout the western United States and Texas.
To date, the fund has committed capital to seven investments. Brasa declined to identify the projects. The majority of the deals initially are located in California and one in Nevada, a spokesman said.
Brasa Capital was founded over a year ago by Eric Samek, who formerly led the acquisition efforts in the western U.S. for Boston-based AEW Capital Management, a real estate investment management firm that also has a Downtown office.
Brasa focuses on investments in apartments, offices, industrial and retail projects with an emphasis on Southern California.
Finance reporter Pat Maio can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8329.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Integrated Capital Raises $30M for Debut Fund
- Fifth Wall Raises $500 Million Fund to Invest in Tech for Real Estate Industry
- Brookfield to Buy Majority $4.7B Stake in Downtown-Based Oaktree Capital Management
- Ares Management Sells Pet Care Firm, Funds Energy Venture
- Oaktree Capital Forms New Blank Check Company, Aims to Raise $175M
- Colony Capital to Invest Up to $500 Million in Oil Field in Central CA
- Latest PCCP Fund Reaches $1 Billion
- Ares Management Closes Oversubscribed Inaugural Fund With Total Anticipated Capital of $5B