Seagrove Property Group has sold a leasehold interest at Glendora Commons — a nearly 42,000-square-foot retail center anchored by an Aldi grocery store — to a foreign investor for $13.65 million.
Leasehold interests, or ground leases, are becoming more common. They allow property developers to get a foothold in prime neighborhoods where land doesn’t often change hands, and they give the landowners a steady source of monthly income without the responsibility of owning, maintaining, managing and improving a building.
Glendora Commons, located at 1241-1251 Lone Hill Ave., is nearly fully leased to tenants including Aldi, Guitar Center and Chick-fil-A.
Brokerage Jones Lang LaSalle Inc. represented the seller in the deal. The leasehold interest includes the option to purchase in 2031, according to CoStar Group Inc.
Commercial real estate reporter Hannah Madans can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @HannahMadans.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leasehold Interest in Hotel Near LAX Sells for $50 Million
- Ground Lease Interest in Brentwood Gateway Sold for $58M
- Suburban Retail Center in Monrovia Sells for $31 Million
- Retail Portion of Mixed-use Burbank Complex Sells for $27 Million
- Mixed-Use Complex in Long Beach Sells for $48.9M
- Koreatown Multifamily Property Sells for $29 Million
- Marcus & Millichap Brokers Deals for Nearly $30 Million Worth of Retail Assets
- Office Building Leased to Boeing Sells for $51 Million