Coworking chain Industrious is working with landlord ShopCore Properties to develop a 27,000-square-foot coworking location at One Colorado, a mixed-use property in Pasadena, the companies announced July 23.
The spot will be called Industrious Old Pasadena. In addition to coworking space, the location will have private offices, events, and breakfast and snacks served every day. It is expected to open in the third quarter of 2020.
“There is an increasing demand for integrated live, work, play centers,” said Justin Stewart, president and co-founder of Industrious, in a statement. Stewart added that "part of that is being located somewhere people want to be — One Colorado in Old Pasadena fits the bill.”
Industrious has a handful of locations around L.A. County and another location planned in downtown at 444 S. Flower St.
The partnership between ShopCore and Industrious is part of a larger trend of landlords partnering with coworking operators to run spaces in their buildings. Three of Industrious’ other L.A. locations are also management contracts or partnerships.
Earlier this year Tishman Speyer Properties opened Studio, a coworking concept in its building at 407 N. Maple Drive in Beverly Hills.
Brookfield Property Partners has a partnership with flex office space provider Convene, which manages workspaces at 333 S. Grand Ave. and 777 S. Figueroa St., both in downtown.
Commercial real estate reporter Hannah Madans can be reached at email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter @HannahMadans.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 71K SF Leased by Co-Working Company, Real Estate Firm in Pasadena
- Tishman Speyer Launches Coworking Concept in L.A.
- Granite, Industrious Bring Coworking to Glendale
- Gemalto Cogent Signs $14M Lease in Pasadena
- As Coworking Evolves, Questions Arise
- CommonGrounds Expands LA Coworking Footprint with Downtown Lease
- WeWork Opening New 116K SF Space in Santa Monica
- Pasadena Office Portfolio Sells for $193 Million