Santa Monica-based private equity firm Clearlake Capital helped back a portfolio company’s purchase of Rogue Wave Software in Colorado.
Clearlake’s Minneapolis-based Perforce Software, which develops software used for application development, purchased Louisville, Colo.-based Rogue Wave Software, a provider of software developer tools.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. The acquisition is expected to close in early February.
This is the sixth acquisition by Perforce in the last two years since embarking on an aggressive growth strategy to expand its portfolio.
“This transformational acquisition further expands our global footprint and broadens our offerings,” said Perforce CEO Mark Ties. “Together with Rogue Wave, Perforce will continue to drive value for enterprises that value scalability, speed and security.”
Financing for the acquisition was led by Chicago-based Antares Capital.
The so-called joint lead arrangers, or underwriters who led the group of investors in this syndicated loan, included New York City-based firms Ares Capital Management, AB Private Credit Investors, PennantPark Investment Advisers and Varagon Capital Partners.
Charlotte, N.C.-based Barings Finance also was in this group.
Clearlake’s core target sectors are software and technology services; industrials and energy; and consumer. Clearlake has managed more than $8 billion of institutional capital since its 2006 inception.
Finance reporter Pat Maio can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8329.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Platinum Equity, Gores Group Sell IT Company
- Clearlake Capital Acquires Perforce Software from Summit Partners
- Clearlake Capital Acquires Dude Solutions
- Clearlake, Cove Hill Invests in NetDocuments
- American Construction Buys Fourth Materials Supplier
- Clearlake Capital-Backed Gravity Oilfield Buys Water Disposal Company Assets
- Santa Monica Private Equity Firm Clearlake Forms Largest Custom Wheel Company
- Clearlake Raises $1.4B