Venice-based Seriously Digital Entertainment Inc. announced Aug. 26 it was acquired by Israeli mobile game developer Playtika Ltd. for an undisclosed sum.
Seriously, which was founded in 2013 to develop mobile games, is backed by Santa Monica venture capital firm Upfront Ventures and is best-known for its mobile game “Best Fiends.”
Seriously Chief Executive Andrew Stalbow said in a statement he was excited to join Playtika, adding, “We intend to leverage their expertise in technology, online marketing, AI, analytics, as well as live operations, while sharing with them our expertise in product, brand and offline marketing.” He noted the company will still maintain its offices in Venice.
The acquisition benefits Playtika by adding to its growing portfolio of mobile games marketed to Western audiences. “This acquisition makes us one step closer to becoming the largest Western-facing mobile games company, and I am eager for the Seriously team to play an important role in getting us there,” Playtika Chief Executive Robert Antokol wrote in a statement.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Game Developer Fiending for Growth
- Seriously Raises $18 Million for Best Fiends Franchise
- Seriously Launches Mobile Game Best Fiends
- Seriously Raises Another $5 Million
- Activision Blizzard to Buy Candy Crush Maker King Digital
- Mobile Game Developer Scopely Expands Internationally
- Scopely Acquires Collaborator Digit Studios
- March Capital Leads $4 Million Fundraise for Mobile Game Developer Knock Knock