Santa Monica-headquartered GumGum Sports, a division of GumGum Inc. focused on developing technology to measure sponsorship value for sports teams reported September 7 it signed the National Hockey League team Columbus Blue Jackets as a new customer. GumGum said the partnership is multi-year and will allow the Blue Jackets to use its full suite of social media valuation tools, according to Socaltech.
Reese Witherspoon’s Santa Monica-based media brand Hello Sunshine inked a deal September 6 with Los Angeles content creation studio and Otter Media Holdings subsidiary Rooster Teeth to launch a female-centric podcast portfolio, called The Beam. Hello Sunshine already offers one podcast, “How It Is,” hosted by actress Diane Guerrero. The Hollywood Reporter reported that the Rooster Teeth deal will help Hello Sunshine expand its programming, adding that a new show will debut in October.
The Los Angeles City Council approved September 4 a one-year pilot program to regulate e-scooters. According to the regulations, scooter speeds cannot exceed 15 miles per hour. Bird Rides Inc. and its competitor Lime will be allowed to operate fleets of up to 3,000 scooters within city limits, and 2,500 in low-income neighborhoods, with an additional 5,000 scooters that can be deployed in low income neighborhoods in the San Fernando Valley.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report April 19: Hello Sunshine Considers Book Subscription Box
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 21: Streamer Loop Media Acquires ScreenPlay
- Silicon Beach Report May 9: Phyn Raises $12 Million
- Fullscreen Acquires Rooster Teeth
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 1: Snapchat Launches Speech Recognition
- Silicon Beach Report April 5: GumGum Sinks Teeth Into New Dental Venture
- Silicon Beach Launch List: Aug. 28
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 22: iHeartMedia Plans Podcast Awards