More VR training for med students at CHLA; MoviePass rival Sinemia announced new subscription service; lineup announced for new advertiser pitchfest NewFronts West conference.
After partnering with Facebook Inc. to use its Oculus virtual reality technology in 2016, the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles is expanding its VR training program to 11 new healthcare organizations. The expansion will include hospitals, networks and universities and could expand to more organizations in early 2019, Venturebeat reports. Doctors and students using the VR participate in simulated pediatric emergencies and surgeries to prepare for the field work.
West Hollywood movie ticketing app Sinemia Inc. announced Aug. 29 a new subscription plan for $10 per month. This comes roughly a month after Sinemia’s chief rival MoviePass Inc. told subscribers its $9.95 monthly subscription would limit subscribers to three movies per month. According to Techcrunch, the new Sinemia plan also includes up to three monthly films, but allows users to buy their tickets in advance, while MoviePass mandates they visit the theater.
New York-based Interactive Advertising Bureau announced the lineup for its first Los Angeles advertiser pitchfest, called NewFronts West. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the summit will take place Oct. 9-10 at NeueHouse Hollywood, and will feature presenters from Santa Monica’s Snap Inc. and the newly relocated Los Angeles Times. Other local presenters include Jukin Media Inc. and Ellen Digital Ventures.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report April 26: Sinemia Shutters U.S. Operations
- Silicon Beach Report March 29: MGM’s Epix Coming to Amazon
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 6: J2 Global Revenue Up $293 Million
- Silicon Beach Report Sept. 17: Sinemia Announces Unlimited Plan
- Silicon Beach Report June 22: Tinder Becomes More Specific
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 29: Sound Ventures Backs $2M LearnLux Round
- Anonymous Donor Gives $20 Million to Children’s Hospital Los Angeles to Expand ER
- Silicon Beach Report April 8: Critical Role Raises $9M for ‘Dungeons and Dragons’ Content