Fox Networks Group executive Randy Freer has been named chief executive of Hulu effective Monday, the company announced today.
Freer, who had served as president and chief operating officer of Fox Networks Group since 2013, replaces Mike Hopkins, who is leaving to become chairman of Sony Pictures Television. Hopkins had served as Hulu’s chief executive since 2013.
“Hulu is at the center of transformation in entertainment,” Freer said in a statement. “Hulu’s management team and employees have positioned Hulu to be a leader in defining the future of content creation, distribution and monetization, all while putting the viewer first.”
At Fox Networks Group, Freer oversaw revenue, distribution, operations, business development and strategy for Fox Television Group, FX, Fox Sports, and National Geographic Partners.
Media and entertainment reporter Diane Haithman can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @dhaithman.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 24: Randy Freer to Succeed Mike Hopkins as Hulu CEO
- Hulu, NBCUniversal Partner in Livestreaming Service Deal
- Randy Freer
- Former Fox Exec Vinciquerra Replaces Lynton as Sony Pictures CEO
- LA 500: Mike Hopkins
- RANDY FREER
- Sony Pictures Television to Acquire Funimation Productions Ltd.
- Adaptive Studios Raises $16.5 Million in Series B Funding