The Annenberg Foundation has awarded downtown’s Music Center a $3 million grant to advance arts education, the center announced Tuesday.
The three-year grant will be used to create a new initiative called the Annenberg Next Generation Arts Education Program. The Music Center said in a statement the program is designed to “motivate students to think creatively encouraging them to be innovative thinkers who are prepared to work strategically in today’s global economy.”
The funds will support the expansion or development of three specific programs, including arts integration partnerships with a focus on classroom support, the Music Center’s Institute for Educators, and artist training. Funds will also be earmarked for the center’s arts education programs.
“What an incredible vote of confidence for the Music Center to receive this important and prestigious grant, which recognizes our longstanding commitment to arts education and its impact,” Music Center President Rachel Moore said in a statement.
“The Music Center is an immense creative force, especially when it comes to bringing important education programs to the community,” Wallis Annenberg, chairman and chief executive of the Annenberg Foundation, said in a statement. “I’m thrilled to share the power of the arts with children.”
Contact media and entertainment reporter Diane Haithman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @dhaithman for the latest in L.A. business news.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Auto Brand Genesis Gives $500,000 to J. Paul Getty Museum
- Disney Gives $100,000 to Center Theatre Group for Musicals in Schools
- Colburn School Receives $1 Million Bequest from Iona Benson
- L.A. County Approves $40 Million Music Center Plaza Renovation
- Billionaire Philanthropist Eli Broad Announces Retirement
- Broad Museum to Unveil Public Artwork for Pacific Standard Time: LA/LA
- BMG Production Music Acquires Immediate Music
- WorkingNation Receives Grant to Fund Employment-Focused Journalism