Last year, the Accounting Move project took a look at the inroads women accountants have made towards equality in the accounting profession.
Among the statistics in the report:
• 48% of firms conduct internal pay equity surveys that include base pay and bonuses
• 90% of firms (up from 71% in 2014), have partners and principals review the results of internal pay equity surveys
• 59% of firms (up from 48% in 2019), prepare managers for pay equity discussions
• 52% of firms rotate emerging women leaders into client-facing roles (an all-time high)
• 38% of firms offer rotations onto executive task forces (an all-time high)
• 34% of firms offer rotations into operating positions (an all-time high)
While there is still room for improvement, it is clear that much progress has been made. As noted in the report, “Accounting firms nationwide are growing in multiple directions. Women lead much of that growth with unexpected combinations of experience, skills and aptitude.” Nowhere is that more true than here in the Los Angeles region.
Los Angeles is truly a national leader when it comes to influential women in business – and the field of accounting is no exception. There are some particularly stellar CPAs in LA who happen to be women and we’ve alphabetically listed some of the very best of them here, along with information about their careers, practice and some relevant recent accomplishments they’ve achieved.
Congratulations to the accountants who made this list and thank you for working to keep the people and businesses of Los Angeles on the right fiscal track.
Methodology: The professionals featured in these pages did not pay to be included. Their profiles were drawn from nomination materials submitted to the Los Angeles Business Journal. Those selected for inclusion were reviewed by the editorial department and chosen based on a demonstration of impact made on the profession and on the Los Angeles community.