Marissa M. Dennis is a litigation partner in the Los Angeles office of Allen Matkins. Her litigation practice is focused on commercial, real estate and financial services litigation and she currently leads the firm’s FinTech Litigation Initiative. Dennis commonly represents commercial landlords, tenants and developers in a variety of breach of contract and tort actions, as well as national lenders and servicers in complex consumer finance litigation. She also has extensive experience representing technology companies in unfair competition and false advertising claims, including in multiple class actions. She also has experience representing court-appointed permanent receivers in connection with securities fraud actions. Marissa has chaired numerous jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations, and has argued before the California Court of Appeal and federal and state courts throughout California.
Dennis has recently chaired three arbitrations involving real property disputes, and obtained dismissals of two separate class action cases at the pleading stage. She received the 2016 Southern California Most Powerful and Influential Women Award from the National Diversity Council.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Marissa Dennis
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: MARISSA M. DENNIS
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: MARIAH BRANDT
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: JENNIFER S. ROMANO
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Lisa Gilford
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: ELENA BACA
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Michele J. Beilke
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT ATTORNEYS