Mid-Wilshire data analytics and marketing research services provider MarketCast has acquired data analytics company Fizziology, headquartered in Indianapolis. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“We have been fans of Fizziology for years. … They have been able to bring research discipline and technological innovation to the rapidly growing field of social analytics,” MarketCast Chief Executive Henry Shapiro said in a statement Monday.
MarketCast, founded in 1987, also acquired New York research and strategy agency Insight Strategy Group in 2015. MarketCast is a portfolio company of Kohlberg & Co., a New York private equity firm. MarketCast also has offices in New York, Boston and London. Both companies have served the global entertainment industry.
Fizziology was created in 2009 by Ben Carlson and Jen Handley. It has offices in Los Angeles, Nashville and Louisville, as well as local market expert analysts around the world.
Contact media and entertainment reporter Diane Haithman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @dhaithman for the latest in L.A. business news.
You May Also Like
- Data Points Lead to Deal
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 14: L.A.’s MarketCast Acquires Fizziology
- Oreva Capital Acquires Here Publishing Inc.
- Levity Acquires Improv Comedy Brand
- Mob Scene Makes Senior Exec Promotions
- Soon-Shiong’s NantOmics Acquires Gene Sequencing Startup Genos
- ICM Partners Acquires Control of Royce Carlton Speakers Agency
- Visual Effects Company Digital Domain to Expand to Beijing