Private equity firm OpenGate Capital announced Monday it purchased the zinc products wing of Belgian materials technology company Umicore for $150 million.
OpenGate’s purchase of Umicore Zinc Chemicals - which has been rebranded as EverZinc - is the largest investment made by the Century City outfit since it was founded in 2005, and the fifth acquisition from its $305 million institutional fund.
“EverZinc is yet another example of OpenGate executing on our strategy to build new value in businesses that have untapped potential,” Andrew Nikou, founder, managing partner and chief executive at OpenGate Capital said in a statement.
The firm said the company, which specializes in making fine zinc powders, zinc oxide, and zinc for batteries, had approximately $425 million in annual revenue and 500 employees worldwide.
Deals & Dealmakers reporter Henry Meier can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @henry_meier.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Investment firm looks to prove metal with $150 million zinc deal
- OpenGate Backs EverZinc’s Add-on Acquisition of G.H. Chemicals Ltd. and Microzinc
- OpenGate Accelerates Deal Pace
- The Money Book: Andrew Nikou
- OpenGate Capital Sells South American Telecom Company for Undisclosed Sum
- Deals & Dealmakers: PE Firms Purchase Meek’s
- OpenGate to Acquire Belgian Chemicals Company
- OpenGate Completes Acquisitions