OneLegacy is dedicated to saving lives through organ, eye and tissue donation. Toward that end, the not-for-profit organization serves 20 million people and more than 200 hospitals throughout seven Southern California counties, as well as transplant centers and patients in need across the country. In 2019 OneLegacy recovered a record number of 557 organ donors that resulted in the transplant of 1,619 organs and a deceased donor transplant rate higher than any country in the world outside the United States. Continuing its mission of inspiring local communities to save and heal lives, OneLegacy has been a national leader in raising public awareness on the power of donation through its extensive community outreach efforts, its partnership with DonateLifeCalifornia, its award-winning float in the annual Rose Parade and its groundbreaking programs that serve communities of color and are designed to address the disparities that currently exist in organ donation and transplantation.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Health Care Panel & Awards: Answering the Call and Saving Lives Through Organ Donation
- Health Care Panel & Awards: ONELEGACY
- OneLegacy: Rallying the Community to Overcome Challenges
- Transplant Nonprofit OneLegacy Sees Growth
- Tackling the Challenge of Healthcare Inequities
- OneLegacy Buys New HQ Building in Azusa for $18 Million
- Organ Donation Agency OneLegacy Rises to New Challenge
- Performing Transplants