Downtown-based Anschutz Entertainment Group Inc. announced Sept. 10 the promotion of Gary Gersh to president of global touring. AEG also revamped its management structure to create a global touring division.
Gersh told Billboard that he hopes to use his new platform to look at concert opportunities outside of Europe and North America.
AEG, which owns venues in Los Angeles and across the country and also organizes music tours and festivals, is competing against Los Angeles-based Live Nation Entertainment Inc. and international competitors in a live music market that is growing, according to reports by PriceWaterhouseCoopers and other firms.
The announcement will not alter AEG’s work with subsidiaries including promoters Goldenvoice and Bowery Presents, which will continue to operate separately from their corporate parent.
Media and entertainment reporter Matthew Blake can be reached at (323)556-8332 or email@example.com
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Judge Rules Against AEG Dismissal of Ozzy Osbourne Suit
- Merger Involving AEG Creates a Venue Management Giant in LA
- Live Nation Runs Lap Around Other Promoters
- AEG Announces Thailand Entertainment District and Arenas
- AEG Deal Creates Events Giant
- AEG Inks Deal with Toshiba for Office Equipment, Signage
- AEG Convention Center Development Greenlit
- Leiweke Live