A group of LAX baggage handlers have been accused of pulling off one of the largest property heists in airport history, the Los Angeles Times reports. A joint task force of LAX and Los Angeles Police Department detectives swarmed the airport and the homes of some suspects late Wednesday, detaining 14 people as they collected evidence.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Baggage Theft Suspect Arrested at LAX
- L.A. Artwork Recovered from Million-Dollar Heist
- Former Airport Commissioner Accused of Conflict
- LAX Workers Back on the Job
- Luggage Locks
- Travel Slow, But Steady at L.A. Airports
- Security Crackdown Flies Past Private Air Facilities
- Rallying for Wages, Benefits at LAX