LA-Tokyo entertainment tech fund hires VC; EVgo reduces charging station prices; and Scalefast raises $8 million in Series A funding.
Akatsuki Entertainment Technology Fund (AET Fund), a $50 million investment vehicle launched last year by Los Angeles and Tokyo-based Akatsuki Inc., announced the hiring of Mark Linao as principal, Screendaily reports. Linao currently serves as a venture partner at Candela Partners, an angel and pre-seed fund focused on mixed reality, computer vision and mapping.
EVgo, the nation's largest network of public electric vehicle (EV) DC fast-charging stations, announced price drops that go into effect immediately, PR Newswire reports. The new pricing includes two options: a Pay As You Go rate with a lower per-minute rate and no additional session fees, as well as a $9.99/month membership option.
Scalefast, a digital commerce platform for lifestyle brands, secured $8 million in Series A funding, Finsmes reports.The round was led by Benhamou Global Ventures with participation from Adara Ventures, B&Y, French Partners and CIC Capital.
You May Also Like
- Silicon Beach Report March 8: Atom Tickets Raises $60 Million
- Silicon Beach Report March 9: Bird Raises $100 Million in Series B
- Silicon Beach Report July 12: Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures’ New Funding Round
- L.A. County Sees Record VC Funding
- Upfront Ventures Raises $280 Million Fund
- Upfront Ventures Files for Fifth Fund
- Kroger to Put Vehicle-Charging Stations at Stores
- Silicon Beach Report March 20: UpKeep Lands $10 Million in Series A