As home delivery becomes the latest competitive amenity among supermarkets and other retailers, Commerce-based Smart & Final Stores Inc. announced another 27 stores in Los Angeles County and other areas will offer delivery services.
Smart & Final supermarkets in Baldwin Park, Covina, Gardena, Highland Park, Los Angeles, San Dimas and Whittier, as well as stores elsewhere in Southern and Northern California, will offer the service as an extension of its current relationship with San Francisco-based online delivery service provider Instacart.
Delivery time to businesses and organizations as well as homes can be within two hours, according to Instacart. The delivery fee for orders of $35 or more is $5.99, the company said.
Smart & Final was unable to provide in time for publication the number of stores that offered the service originally, but it did say that with the additional stores, Instacart delivery is available from more than 90 percent of its California stores.
Instacart has been beefing up its delivery services in Los Angeles. It also delivers in the West L.A. area for Gelson’s Markets, Ralphs, CVS Pharmacy, Albertsons, Sprouts Farmers Market and Aldi Inc. stores.
“At Smart & Final, we’re always looking at new and better ways to offer value and convenience to our household, business and organization customers,” said Smart & Final Vice President of Marketing Joe VanDette. “The latest addition of Smart & Final stores to Instacart’s catalogue will help our shoppers save even more time.”
You May Also Like
- Grocery Delivery Service Adds More to Basket
- Instacart Expands to South Bay
- Trader Joe’s Yet to Join Rivals in Push for Delivery, Online Services
- German Grocer Aldi Partners with Instacart to Offer Delivery in L.A.
- Whole Foods and Instacart Partner, Will Deliver in Los Angeles
- German Grocer Aldi Partners with Instacart to Offer Delivery in Los Angeles
- Instacart in DTLA
- New Grocery Delivery Service Set to Open in L.A.