A prime example of someone who uses the full extent of the law for the benefit of others is Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP partner Debra Fischer. Fischer has practiced employment law and unfair competition/trade secret litigation for almost 30 years, successfully trying cases in both California state and federal courts as well as in arbitration for clients across the country. She also dedicates an enormous amount of time to helping the underserved as President of the Board of Directors of the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles (LAFLA). Last year alone, LAFLA assisted 30,000 clients through its five offices and an additional 50,000 clients through self-help centers located around the city.
By day, Fischer represents clients on the full range of employment disputes including representing high profile individuals as well as advising on and litigating trade secret and unfair competition issues. Her appellate work includes successfully briefing and arguing cases in state and federal courts of appeal, including briefing in the US Supreme Court.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: ESTHER K. RO
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: ENVIRONMENTAL ATTORNEYS
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Harry I. Johnson, III
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: BARBARA FITZGERALD
- Partner Shuffle Leaves New Look at Morgan Lewis
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Franklin D. Kang
- Downtown L.A. Firm Is Ready for Its Close-Up
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Summit: FINALISTS - DEANNE MILLER - Morgan, Lewis & Bockius