Sean Parker leaves Spotify board, Leaf Group added to Russell 2000 Small-Cap Index, and Instagram Stories’ daily active users rise to 250 million, and more.
Sean Parker, Napster co-founder and former Facebook president, has left Spotify’s board of directors, reports Variety. The company is adding board members with corporate backgrounds as it prepares for an initial public offering.
Leaf Group, an online media and e-commerce company, was added to the Russell 2000 Small-Cap Index on Monday, according to a press release. The Russell 2000 is a common benchmark for small-cap indexed mutual funds.
The number of daily active users on Instagram Stories rose to more than 250 million, according to an analysis by Delmondo, reports TubeFilter. Snapchat last reported 166 million daily active users in May, while Instagram reported 200 million users of its Stories feature in April.
Technology reporter Garrett Reim can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @garrettreim for the latest in L.A. tech news.
You May Also Like
- 3. Sean Parker
- Snap Inc.’s Slow Second-Quarter Growth Disappoints Wall Street
- Facebook Sending Message to Snapchat
- Snapchat Photos Can Now Be Viewed Indefinitely
- Wealthiest Angelenos: 3. SEAN PARKER
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 22: Facebook Predicted to Lose Teens to Snapchat and Instagram
- Silicon Beach Report July 5: Snap Lacks Active Users, Far Less Than Instagram
- Is Snap the New Myspace?